Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Story So Far...

I'm currently splicing together the next podcast; I thought I'd wait until I had enough to say until posting something as I'm aware how easily these sort of diary-style things can quickly disintegrate into; "this week I have been mainly eating pasta and looking at wool" which is never very interesting.

The main things that have happened over the last weeks have been getting my time table or 'agenda', as they're called over here. I've got quite a lot of old-school theory lessons to be going to, which start next week and I'm pretty stoked about it all, been doing quite a bit of composing and completely unnecessary things like staying up until 3am creating a dance track solely out of samples from the 1990s britpop band Sleeper...

Also went to Amsterdam at the weekend for the Gaudeamus Music Festival, which is basically a festival for new composers and new music. Went to a 192 speaker 'wave-field synthesis' performance of electronic music and saw a 'night of the unexpected', which was a similar thing to the one that occured at last year's Huddersfield Contemporary Music Festival. Ceephax was playing there and did an absolutely fantastic set of old-school acid house on a table full of synthesizers, sequencers and drum machines.

Anyway, there is more to say, but I shall leave you waiting for the next podcast installment.

dp

P.S. Everytime I hear something about the American election I can't help but be reminded of the tagline from this film:
[apologies for the link to the poster going down.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what film? Harold and Kumar in Guantanamo Bay?

looking forward to the next installment dave, nothing good has happened in Britain for a while, we'll all go back to Yorkshire next week i guess

Jowj said...

Hi Dave,
I'm also looking forward to the next installment, and i know Katy was listening to the first one last night as well!

I think i'm going to do a blog from Bitche, just trying to think of a title... Your blog made me think of our Eurotrip one, and i read all of that again too.

Glad to hear you are settling in! In two weeks i'll be a bit closer to you!

Dappy said...

george: You should definitely do a blog, but surely the title's obvious:
Bitchein' (or perhaps Bitche-in' (because you're in bitche!))

Jowj said...

Yeah i know, i've thought of many possible titles involving 'Bitche', just haven't picked one yet...